In 2000 CONIMAST introduced a voluntary sustainable development policy:
- recycling of products
- production managed on a single site
- optimization of delivery rounds
- recycling of acids, solvents, sludge from degreasing agents, steel scraps, ash and smoke
- powder coating with thermosetting paint powder not containing any solvents and not requiring water or solvents for application
- control of energy consumption
- control of water consumption
- office supplies recycling programme
- actions reinforced by the ecodesign approach introduced for each range of CONIMAST products.
In addition, CONIMAST has undertaken to fully offset the environmental impact of its paper consumption by taking part in the programme to preserve threatened tropical forests, monitored by the association Planète Urgence.
As a result, in 2012 CONIMAST contributed to the planting of 125 trees.